Steps for the Swiss drivers License

  1. First Aid Course -
  2. Learners driving application Road Traffic Office
  3. Preparation Theory Examination
  4. Traffic sensibilisation course (VKU) - 
    The course includes 4 double lessons and
    is valid for 2 years

  5. Registration theoretical and practical driver 
  6. Obligatory WAB courses

New Laws (Opera 3)

  1. From 1 February 2019, the driver test can be done with an automatic car. That means that anyone who has completed a driving licence with an automatic vehicle is now also allowed to drive with a manual car, provided that no one is endangered.
  2. From 1 January 2020, only one obligatory driving training course (WAB) will have to be completed.
  3. From 1 January 2021, the minimum age for obtaining the category B learners driving licence will be reduced to 17 years.